Website Design Services (NW) Ltd
Electrical, Instrument and Control Engineer
Location; Greater Manchester
Even during these times of uncertainty, a glimmer of light shines, this is one such opportunity.
Our clients increased workloads and new projects, combined with their rapid growth have placed their current engineering team under pressure, this has resulted in them requesting that we
find for their staff an Additional EC & I Engineer, to bolster the team.
The E, C & I Engineer will be a key member of the Waste to Energy project delivery teams for a range of challenging projects of significant scale and complexity. Their primary role will be to generate EC&I designs and specifications as part of the multi-disciplinary design team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following; other duties may be assigned
• Produce the suite of EC&I design deliverables to process plant projects across a range of highly regulated industries to ensure functionality and safety.
• Effectively contribute towards and lead EC&I packages of work as part of multi-discipline projects.
• Work closely with Clients to fully meet their requirements and develop repeat work through excellent performance and quality.
• Develop EC&I knowledge and skills to be an in-house technical expert through experience and learning, supported by formal training.
Production of the suite of EC&I deliverables throughout the design process such as: –
Basis of Designs, Scopes of Work, Method Statements, Schedules, Single Line Diagrams, Block Cable Diagrams, Procurement Specifications, Risk Assessments, Technical Files, etc. and other technical documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and Client requirements.
Designs and specifications to Client and International / British Standards.
Supporting calculations to substantiate designs.
Preparation of installation, commissioning, and operating documents.
Lead the EC&I input to projects where appropriate.
Ensure compliance of own work and that of others with in-house Quality Assurance and Management system.
Amtech to calculate LV electrical systems to support process plants.
Knowledge of IEC 61508/61511/61513 and the design and substantiation of safety circuits.
Use of AutoCAD Electrical to produce EC&I drawings and support technicians.
Attend site as required to support projects, this may involve travel (primarily in the UK) and time away from the home office.
Peer review of other EC&I team member’s deliverables.
Actively attend and contribute to design and safety reviews (including HAZIDs, HAZOPs, etc.) from a technical standpoint.
Attendance of training as required to support job role and to develop individual skills.
Liaise with Sub-Contractors providing equipment packages or specialist services and ensure the technical compliance of their work.
Effectively report progress to project Lead EC&I Engineers and take ownership for the timely delivery of assigned work packs.
Prospects for progression to Senior Engineer with line management responsibility for junior colleagues as experience is gained.
Key Skills and Qualifications
• Degree in Electrical Engineering Preferable not essential . (HNC/HND and Industry Experience)
• Over 3 years’ experience of design and implementation within a regulated industry
• High level of proficiency in the use of general Microsoft Office
• Knowledge and understanding of Amtech Electrical Software
• Experience in developing the following documents: –
Functional Design Specifications, Control Philosophies, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, Cable Calculations, PLC Specifications, Instrument Datasheets, Instrument Schedules, Basis of Designs, Network Architectures, Safety Substantiation Documents, Operation & Maintenance Manuals/Procedures.
• Knowledge of current UK technical standards/publications and legislation requirements.
• Full UK driving license will be required
Duration of Contract: Staff Role
Salary: £45,000.00 Per annum
Location: Greater Manchester
Start Date: ASAP
Reports To: Programme Director