Website Design Services (NW) Ltd
We have several long term contract opportunities for Control Electrical and Instrumentation (CE&I) Engineers to join an established team of engineers at Whitehaven.
Working within a consortium of companies providing design support for urgent plant related issues
Design support to System engineering and handling emergent maintenance delivery issues with minor design content.
This role will involve developing quick turnaround, pragmatic Control Electrical and Instrument (CE&I) design solutions
1. Qualifications:- Degree in relevant engineering discipline with at least 2 years design delivery experience OR
other qualification such as BTEC, HNC, HND, with 5-8 years design delivery experience.
2. Ability to demonstrate they are suitably qualified experienced personnel
3. A key aspect of this role is the ability to quickly self-deliver pragmatic design solutions from a brief problem statement with minimal supervision
4. Competent and proven design engineer, capable of producing designs, schemes, drawings, supporting calculations and documents.
5. Understanding of the roles and application of the CDM regulations, including production of designers risk assessments.
6. Previous experience producing design packages, suitable for manufacture and installation, containing drawings, method statements, risk assessments etc.
7. Familiarity and experience of working and complying with applicable Sellafield Nuclear Practices, standards, and engineering guides.
8. Familiarity with safety case principles and capable of providing design substantiation for equipment with designated nuclear safety functions to demonstrate that design solutions can meet the required safety function placed on it to the appropriate level.
Preferred: Already a P1 or P4 pass holder
SC essential (DV preferred)
Software experience required for the role
CIMAGE, AutoCAD, Amtech (preferred), CAESAR (preferred)